A little help. From internet.

1. I'm not going to make it to an important wedding
2. I feel terribly about that
3. If it was possible to make it, I would but it's not in the cards
4. I have to accept that it is not in the cards
5. That doesn't erase how I feel about missing it, I'm disappointed.
6. I'm disappointed because I care deeply about these people and this is their first step as a new couple
7. In disappointed because I care.
8. This is the first step of their lives together, not their last.
9. If I can't make it to the wedding, then I have to find another time to connect with them and build our bond.
10. This isn't a statement on how much I care for them, as much as it is a reality of our lives in different places.
11. Part of my disappointment is that we're far away and time is moving forward and I miss them.
12. I guess I've missed a lot of significant events in their lives.
13. This isn't a statement on our relationship as much as its a reminder that distance can be really challenging.
14. In the future, I can make a better effort to ensure I connect with them more often.
15. Whilst I can't do anything about this occasion, I know I'm disappointed and will think about how we can spend more time together in the future.


From: http://ask.metafilter.com/241868/My-best-friend-cant-come-to-my-wedding-Help-me-be-a-grownup



Feeling Terrible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mind Clutter

Broken and shattered. to pieces.

Hurt Homebound